MSKCC subscribes or has access to multiple proprietary databases and electronic book collections. Most of such resources, besides the main context, such as ebooks, etc., offer additional support materials for learning and clinical practice.
Library textbook and reference work collections such as StatRef and other databases such as BMJ Best Practice, Cochrane Library, Lexi-Comp, Mircromedes, OVID databases, UpToDate, VisualDx have materials in support of education and clinical practice.
Exactly what kind of support resources can be typically found in proprietary biomedical databases?
Select examples of the types of support tools and resources available:
- ICD Codes and conversion tools
- Drug information
- American Pharmacist’s Association DRUGInfoLINE (StatRef)
- Drug Comparisons (Lexi-Comp, Micromedex)
- Drug Interactions (Lexi-Comp, Micromedex)
- Drug monographs
- AHFS Drug Information (BMJ Best Evidence)
- PDR and Martindale (Micromedex)
- EBM materials and medical literature highlights
- Clinical Answers (Cochrane Library)
- EBM Toolkit (BMJ Best Practice)
- EvidenceAlerts (StatRef)
- Medical Dictionaries
- Stedman’s Medical Dictionary (StatRef)
- Multimedia/educational video/audio
- Patient Education materials