There is a new process for exporting ASCO meeting abstracts from the Journal of Clinical Oncology interface – just follow the steps below. Note: it’s no longer possible to batch export abstracts to EndNote… only one abstract at a time is now available. A blog post from 2016 on this matter has been updated to link to this current information.
- To start, open the EndNote library to which you want to add the abstract(s).
- From the JCO interface, click on Special Content > Meeting Abstracts, from the menu near the top of the page.
- Choose a supplement to view the abstracts.
- Click on a title to view the complete abstract.
- Click on export citation found in the column of options to the right of the abstract.
- On the next screen, choose EndNote as the export option and click the download article citation data button.
- Once the record has been deposited in your EndNote library, the complete abstract can be viewed by clicking on the record > scrolling down to the URL field > and clicking the link provided.
If you would like to export a collection of ASCO abstracts, you will need to leverage a scholarly database to do so (Scopus, Web of Science, etc.). Ask us for assistance with developing a search strategy to capture the abstracts you’re looking for.