Need a link containing a list of your (or your PI’s) authored/co-authored publications for the new NIH Biosketch format? Here’s a tip on using the MyBibliography section in PubMed’s MyNCBI to get this done. You must first have an active MyNCBI account in order to successfully complete the steps below.
- Visit PubMed via the MSK Library website using this URL: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?otool=mskcclib.
- Login to MyNCBI (if not already).
- Search for your (or another author’s) publications by going to PubMed’s Advanced search and choosing “Author” from the drop-down menu in the first search box. You can start to type in a last name for a list of suggested authors to appear. Choose the appropriate name from the list and hit Search.
- Scan the list of results and check off the correct citations as you go. Note: some results retrieved may belong to another author with the same last name and first name abbreviation – be careful when selecting references.
- Once you have all of the appropriate references checked off, click Send To in the upper right and then choose My Bibliography.
- Once saved to this section within your MyNCBI account, you can then manage the references and choose to make the list public.
- This generates a unique URL which can then be placed in your Biosketch or elsewhere.
For help retrieving a list of publications for you or your PI, please contact us.