The MSK Library’s physical space has reopened with partial hours. Our user community can enter the Library on Mondays and Thursdays, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Please note, the Library will be closed on Mondays and Thursdays between 12:30 PM and 1:00 PM for additional cleaning of user workstations.
All MSK staff must register for a user workstation in advance. No walk ins or casual seating is permitted at this time.
Before making a reservation, please review our reopening guide.
All Library visitors must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Entry by reservation only: All visitors must reserve a seat to use the library. Reservations can be made on the calendar below.
- MSK universal masking policy: Universal masking is required at all times in all MSK facilities. A procedure mask will be available from security on entry or within the Library. Please wear the MSK-issued mask while in the Library. Masks must be worn so that the mouth and nose are completely covered at all times.
- Physical distancing: Maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
- Hand hygiene: Wash hands with soap and water frequently (for at least 20 seconds) or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer in areas without easy access to soap and water. Avoid touching your face. Sneeze and cough into an elbow or a tissue, even when wearing a mask. Staff are advised to clean hands immediately after sneezing or coughing and after cleaning and disinfecting their work areas.
- Alcohol wipes: Wipes have been placed in high traffic areas in the Library for our users who wish to wipe down their workstations before using. Please note that scheduled cleaning will also be done by MSK housekeeping.
- Employee HealthCheck Tool: All Library visitors are required to complete the MSK COVID-19 HealthCheck Tool for Employees before they begin work on the day that they will be visiting the Library.
- Eating/Drinking: No food/beverages are permitted in the Library at this time, with the exception of bottled water.
Please note, the following activities within the physical Library space are currently unavailable:
- Browsing the print collection. See instructions for contactless check out of Library items
- Borrowing headphone/laptop/iPad
- Use of the Library conference room for non-Library staff
- Use of the Coffee machine and water cooler
Making a Reservation
- You may register for a morning (8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, 4 hours total) reservation or an afternoon reservation (1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, 4 hours total).
- You must bring a mobile device to communicate with Library staff members. No house phones or office phones will be available for Library visitors.
- You may only register for either a morning reservation or an afternoon reservation. No back-to-back reservations are permitted at this time.
- Reservations are only available to MSK/SKI staff. Visitors must wear their employee ID.
- Only sit in your assigned seat number while in the Library. Your seat will be numbered and clearly labeled.
- The Library will be closed between 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM every day to allow for cleaning. All visitors must exit the Library during this time.
The MSK user community can access the majority of the Library’s services and collections remotely. Visit our Virtual Library Services page to learn more.
Looking for information on COVID-19? Visit our post on the MSK Library Blog to browse vetted resources and sites.